The Len Levinson Collection
The Bar Studs
"Tough as they come but surprisingly well done."
In the "Anything Goes" era of the 1970s, Manhattan's stunning nightlife is seen through the eyes of six bartenders:
- Adrian, whose establishment provides whatever high anyone may be looking for
- Johnny, whose good looks the wild young women he serves find irresistible
- Leo, master of the East Side pick-up joint where everyone finds a partner except Leo himself
- Teddy, star bartender at a Village gay bar simmering with pent-up violence
- Jake, a Bowery holdout whose cynicism is a deadlier weapon than any gun
- Houlihan, who sees nightly the ugly underbelly of high society from his perch behind the bar of the Plaza Hotel's fashionable Oak Room
This new edition of the cult classic from Len Levinson—heralded as a "trash genius" by Paperback Fanatic magazine—features an all-new afterword by the author.
BUY THE BOOK: